Non-Toxic, Pesticide-Free Wildlife Deterrent
Green Screen was developed in 1981 by a fruit grower in Michigan to protect her orchards from deer browsing damage.
- Application Type: hanging sachets
- Deer Control Method: by fear and scent
- Active Ingredients: powdered blood meal, hot pepper
- Weather Proof: up to 3 months between applications
- Chemical Makeup: All Natural: environmentally safe, biodegradable and non-toxic
- EPA Registered: EPA exempt
- Plant Safety: Will not burn foliage, leave a film, stain or discolor your plants. Safe for ornamentals and vegetable plants. No harm to new bud growth
- Professional Endorsement: Michigan State University and Michigan Department of Agriculture
Where To Buy:
You can purchase this deer repellent select online merchants.
Restricted shipping. Can only be sent to: CT, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, NH, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, VA, WV, WI.
Total Cost & Coverage per Unit:
Ready To Use (RTU):
20-bag pack @ $19.95 (20 shrubs or 40′-54′ lin ft)
40-bag pack @ $34.95 (40 shrubs or 80′-104′ lin ft)
100-bag pack @ $84.95 (200 shrubs or up to 250′ lin ft)
200-bag pack @ $159.95 (400 shrubs or up to 1250 lin ft)
3 lb. – covers 225-300 sq ft. @ $19.95 (up to 15′ x 20′ area)
40 lb. – covers 3000-4000 sq ft @ $84.95 (up to 40′ x 100′ area)
Hang bags 2′-2.5′ apart and 4′-5′ high. One bag per shrub works well. In areas that there are no shrubs or trees to hang repellent bags on, simply place them on a post or prop.
Rain and wet weather actually enhance the repellent in the sachets. Bags will withstand extreme weather conditions and last approximately three months.
No messy spraying and constant reapplication. Based on USDA Forestry Service testing this product would be best used in winter.
NOTE: This product was developed for an orchard. Protecting ground plants – perennials, and hostas – means including additional spray products in your deer deterrent regime.
Actual User Comments:
“I found when I hung the bags up as directed, the bags were promptly ripped down and chewed up by raccoons. Since the directions on the packet claimed the product could also be used to drive away raccoons, this was disappointing. I e-mailed them, but they did not reply …” DavesGarden.com
“Only draw back is that dogs are attracted to the bags …” DavesGarden.com
No guarantee or refund stated or implied.